The Koblenz court recently rejected two motions regarding translation and audio recording of the trial. While the court argues these decisions protect witness testimonies and the road to justice, NGOs and legal scholars worry that denying translation and recording could diminish the impact of the trial.
Additional information on the topics discussed in the episode:
- Mohammad al Abdallah on Twitter: @mohammad_syria
- More on SJAC's work: https://syriaaccountability.org/what-we-do/
- Prof. Dr. Stefanie Bock on Twitter: @Stefanie_Bock_
- Article about the recent court decision rejecting audio recordings (in German): https://tinyurl.com/yxa2grh8
- ECCHR trial updates: https://www.ecchr.eu/en/case/trial-updates-first-trial-worldwide-on-torture-in-syria/
- Syria Justice And Accountability Centre's monitoring of the trial: https://bit.ly/37Jofv1
- Our Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/branch251
Logo design by laurenshebly.nl -- Photo by James Lawler Duggan/AFP/Getty Images.