"There's a reason it's called crimes against humanity": In this season finale, we discuss a testimony that stands out: witness Z 30/07/19, a grave digger for the Assad regime with a first-hand account of the massive scale of the crimes against humanity that the regime is accused of. Special testimonies like these make you suddenly realize what this whole trial is all about.
Support the show by becoming a patron: https://www.patreon.com/branch251 or by hitting the donate button on the player or on our website.
Additional information on the topics discussed in the episode:
- Hannah el-Hitami on twitter: @hannahel711, her article on witness Z 30/07/19: tinyurl.com/y2q4graj
- An article on witness Z 30/07/19 by @luna_alabdalla (in Arabic): tinyurl.com/y2m2ste7
- An article on witness Z 30/07/19 by @TarekKhello and @TinaFuchs4 (in German): tinyurl.com/y58mzv3p
- Amnesty International’s report on Saydnaya prison: tinyurl.com/hm72l7b
- ECCHR trial updates: tinyurl.com/y3mvvccp
- Syria Justice And Accountability Centre's monitoring of the trial: https://bit.ly/37Jofv1
Logo design by laurenshebly.nl -- Photo by James Lawler Duggan/AFP/Getty Images.